Thursday, October 8, 2009

First Haircuts

This afternoon I took the kids to get their first haircuts. I think I could have gotten away with letting Olivia's hair grow a little more before a cut, but Owen's was starting to look scruffy. Olivia went first, and she did so well. She climbed right up in the chair and did exactly what was asked of her. Owen, however, was not so well behaved. He cried the entire time- poor little thing. I had to stand right beside him and hold his hand while Denise cut his hair. I'm actually amazed that Denise was able to cut it as well as she did with such little cooperation from Owen. Although I'm pleased with the result, I am sad that Owen lost all of his curls. He looks less like a baby now and more like a little boy. Anyway, after making it through the haircuts, we headed next door to the bakery to get a celebratory cookie. Maybe the memory of the cookie will remain with Owen so that he'll be more likely to cooperate next time.



2 comments:

Anna T. Ham said...

He looks like so miserable! Are you sure all she did was cut his hair???

Hannah Murray said...

Bless Owen's heart! He looks so pitiful!