Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Waiting for the Parade

Monday night was the annual Christmas parade in Blackshear. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend because I had to go to a school function for the Junior class (I am one of the class advisors). I did have time, however, to take Owen and Olivia downtown to meet up with Gigi so that they could watch the parade. These are a few of the pictures that I snapped before I left- no pictures of the actual parade, only a few of everyone waiting for it to begin. I did get a full report, though. Apparently, the parade was a huge success. Owen slept through most of it, but Olivia had a great time gathering the candy that was thrown to the parade spectators. She must have either been working really hard to get the candy or else she had help because we have a huge bag of candy at our house. After the parade, everyone went to Granny Buie's house for soup and spaghetti. I think that the kids really enjoyed themselves, and I wish I could have been there.











No comments: