Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Anheuser-Busch Tour

On the afternoon of Day 2 in St. Louis we took the complimentary tour of the Anheuser-Busch brewery.  Two things struck me about this brewery- it is large and it is fancy.  After giving us a brief history of the company, our guides led us to the Clydesdale stables.  We saw some of these famous animals as well as some of the old Budweiser wagons.  After poking around the stable for a bit, we headed into a room in the factory where we were given a sample of Budweiser which we (meaning Brian) could enjoy while the guides told us about the seven step brewing process.  I didn't know anything about brewing beer prior to this tour, so I found this pretty interesting.  We were then taken to a few areas of the factory where we could see the machines involved in the brewing process.  Once our tour was over, we were able to redeem the beer tokens that we had received at the beginning of the tour for a beverage of our choice at the Biergarten.  Brian traded his in for some variety of Shock Top and the kids got a Pepsi and lemonade.  I'm not a beer drinker but I hated not to try something that was produced at the factory (I was onsite after all).  The guide helped me choose a drink that she thought I might like (Cidre- Stella). It was okay- not my thing, but I didn't gag.











No comments: