Saturday, October 19, 2019

Let's Get Caught Up

 I have been slacking big time on my blogging.  I see it's been two months since I've done anything.  We have had a lot happen in August-September, and this post will serve to catch-up on some of it. 

Family news:  We have spent as much time as possible with our favorite people.  We even had a visit from our Cook cousins, whom we have not seen in a while.  We also celebrated several birthdays- including Papa's 91st. 

 Church news:  Both kids are now officially in the youth group, and they are enjoying all of the activities of that program.  Olivia has also "graduated" from being an acolyte and is now working in the sound booth during the morning service. 

 Olivia's news:  Olivia is doing well in seventh grade.  She has a cell phone now, so we have seen an uptick in the amount of time she spends talking with her friends.  She ran cross-country this year and really liked it.  She even wanted to try a 5k, so she and I decided to go for it.  We have run two 5k races so far this school year.  I just may have found myself a new running buddy- even if she is way faster than me.

Owen's news:  Owen is loving middle school.  He has joined the band and is playing the trumpet.  He is still eligible to play rec sports, so he will be doing that this year.  He also tried out for the middle school robotics team and made it, so he will be joining his sister on that team this year. 

It has definitely been a busy start to the school year.

No comments: