Monday, February 2, 2009

The Circus


This week the small, family-run Circus Pages came to town. Admission was free for kids, so we figured that we would take Owen and Olivia. Cirque du Soleil- it was not, but we still had a really good time. There were a variety of acts including acrobats, clowns, and two lion/tiger trainers whose job you could not pay me a million bucks to do. Olivia loved the show- especially the elephant and camel acts. At intermission, we had the chance to have our picture made with an elephant. I thought that Olivia would like the chance to get up-close-and-personal with the elephant, so I gladly paid the small fee. Olivia liked seeing the elephant, but she didn't want to touch it nor did she want me to put her down. I think the size of the elephant intimidated her. The picture that was taken of us with the elephant was a polaroid which is why it looks fuzzy on the computer.



The circus was held at the fair grounds, and the whole set-up was very make-shift. We ended up sitting on 2x4s that were suppose to be bleachers (I think). It was very uncomfortable. My back was killing me the whole time, but the kids didn't seem to mind all that much. Olivia was transfixed on the action throughout most of the show. Owen squirmed during the first half, and then fell asleep for the second half.


Brian was very upset that he didn't get to go. The original plan was for him to meet us at the circus at 4:30 for the show. Unfortunately, he got a stomach virus and had to leave work early (and is still in bed sick). I couldn't back out of taking Olivia to the circus because I had been hyping it up all week long. The good news is that Bailey and Granny Buie were able to make last-minute plans to go with me and help out with the kids. I think that they both enjoyed it, too.

No comments: