Friday, April 10, 2009

Mickey & Pals

While I was filling out the end-of-cruise questionnaire/survey, I took particular notice of one question. The question asked me if I had experienced a "WOW" moment on the cruise and if so describe it. I answered that my favorite moments were those when I got to see my daughter interact with the Disney characters. It was truly magical. We spent a good portion of our trip looking for the characters, and I believe that Olivia successfully met all of them- many more than once. The only person that Olivia refused to meet was Captain Hook. Whenever we saw a Disney character, Olivia's face would light up. She would wait patiently in line. When her turn to meet the character came she would run up to them with open arms and hug them. Sometimes she even kissed them. We have tons of character pictures. I am not going to post them all, but here are a few of my favorites.

The first character that we met while on the ship was Minnie. Minnie is Olivia's favorite, so she was thrilled to meet her. We actually ended up visiting Minnie on three seperate occasions- this picture is of the first meeting.





We were finally able to track down Donald and Daisy on the last night. Donald is my favorite, so I love this picture. Olivia was also able to meet both Cinderella and Snow White twice.

I think that Brian and I were as starstruck by the characters as Olivia was. Whenever we saw one coming we'd get all excited, too. The wonderful thing about being on such a (relatively) small boat was that you were bound to run into one when you least expected it. Case in point, on the day-at-sea I was holding Owen and looking at pictures in the onboard photo studio. I sensed that someone was behind me playing with Owen. I turned around and who did I see? It was Alice (in Wonderland).

You'll probably notice that I have not posted pictures of Owen with any of the characters. I think that he was scared of them, so we did not make him go to meet them if he didn't want to (and he never really wanted to).






No comments: