Saturday, October 18, 2014

Cloudland Canyon

 Cloudland Canyon State Park has to be the most beautiful state park in Georgia.  I was amazed at the beauty I saw.  After leaving Rock City, we drove 30 minutes to this park.  It was not originally in the plan to do either this or Rock City on the first day, but the weather was going to be bad the rest of the week, and I wanted to make sure that we got all of the outside stuff done on the one day that we knew it would be good weather.  Unfortunately, that meant we had to shorten our hike at Cloudland Canyon.  Instead of doing the 5 mile West Rim hike, we ended up doing the 2 mile Waterfalls hike.  The kids were not sad at all about this because they like waterfalls.  There were several falls in the park, but the one that we visited was Hemlock Falls.  It was a a lovely waterfall, and the trail down was nice.  It was the same trail back up, and it was much tougher journey up than down.  The kids still did well with it, though- they left Brian and I in a cloud of dust.  This park is in the extreme northwest of Georgia, so I don't know that I'll ever make it back this way.  But, if I do I would definitely be interested in checking out some of the other trails in the park.






No comments: