Saturday, October 18, 2014

Garth Brooks

 Brian and I are not huge fans of country music, but we do like Garth Brooks.  We both had his CDs when we were young, and I even had his poster hanging in my closet.  Garth is on tour this year for the first time in over a decade, and Jacksonville is one of the tour stops- which is amazing in itself because most of the singers I'd like to see pass over Jacksonville and go to Orlando or Tampa instead.  When we realized that Garth was coming to Jacksonville, Brian and I knew that we'd like to go see him.  As it turns out, all of my sisters wanted to go too, so Cassie ordered tickets for all the sisters and their significant others.  Let me just say that this was without a doubt the BEST concert I've ever been to.  Garth was awesome.  He played all of the oldies and he had the crowd on fire all night.  We had seats on the side of the stage- third level, but I don't think that there was a bad seat in the entire house.  At one point he took a break and Trisha Yearwood came out and sang about four songs.  She was also very good.  I just cannot say enough about how good of a show Garth put on.  We didn't get home until after 1 a.m., and I was tired and hoarse the next day, but it was worth it.






No comments: